We are praying to the Lord of the Church to enable our local church to follow that Antioch Model. Since we have completed the Tsunami Series, I am going to take advantage of the break between series to preach a message on our philosophy as a local church. Here is a bare-bones outline:
1. The Context of the Antioch Model – the local church. “in the church that was there (Acts 13:1)
2. The Constituency of the Antiochan Church – many leaders. “prophets and teachers” (Acts 13:1; 15:35).
3. The Character of the Antiochan leaders –
There was (a) Christ-focused service. “ministering to the Lord” (13:2).
There was (b) Consensual self-denial. “fasting”
There was (c) Commissioning by setting-apart. “they set apart Paul” (13:3)
4. The Consonance (same sound) of the Antiochan Church – They prayed.
5. The Coordinator of the Antiochan Work – The Holy Spirit.
6. The Commission Orientation of the Antiochan Church – Their east/west outreach.
This and the practical implications and creative applications that follow explain our desire. I have never done this before, but I gave our church the outline days before the message. I wonder if they’ll be more eager to hear the explanation of it??
Filed under: Uncategorized |